Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sight Seen

This weekend's interesting sight: I happened to be walking the real Skeeter (a large working dog) through an underpass that goes from a main Chicago street under Lake Shore Drive to the lakefront.
Two women were in the tunnel. They were somewhere between seventeen and twenty-two. They were relatively attractive and pretty well dressed. You could tell that they really cared about how they looked.
One of the women was leaning against a wall in the tunnel and the other one was standing directly next to her. Both were standing within inches of the wall. I am not sure why they chose to do that. Maybe they were adjusting a shoe or something.
I thought about advising them of what I knew to be true: That homeless people (and gangbangers) urinate against that very wall.
I passed. I didn't want them to think I was hitting on them, and further, at a certain point, if you think it is a good idea to lean against an underpass wall, there is not much I can do for you.

No comments: