Sunday, June 29, 2008

How Do THEY Know What Happens?

There is a very funny post over at Illinois Review. It concerns the "Pride Parade" that took place over the weekend. People at IR are wound up into a tizzy because of events that the IRs have "witnessed" over there.

I used to live in the area (Halsted and Addison) so I've got a pretty good idea of what happens along the parade. A lot of people having fun, and maybe a few are a bit extreme, but I lived in the area for about three years, and yet, 15 years later, I'm still hetero. Nothing I saw changed my mind.

Apparently, the IRs think that if people see what goes on, they might be converted.

I know what goes on because I lived in the area. I'm curious though -- how do the IRs know what goes on? Is there some reason that they are so fascinated by those events?

Mark Foley, Larry Craig, and, I'm sure, a lot of people from IR. They sure do spend a lot of time thinking about that stuff.

No comments: